September Memphis Power Poll Results
What leaders in the Bluff City think about topics driving local conversations.
The Power Poll is a monthly survey sent to more than 425 influential business, political, nonprofit and cultural leaders in the Bluff City. The poll is presented by The Commercial Appeal and sponsored by BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee and DVL Seigenthaler - Finn Partners.
The September Power Poll focused on several different topics in the news recently.
The September Memphis Power Poll:
Given the uptick in COVID-19 cases and the Delta variant, should health officials consider adding back some safety restrictions
- 67.1% — Only when cases are significantly lower than they are now
- 11.0% — When cases are a little bit lower than they are now
- 12.2% — Now
- 9.8% — In two weeks when the order expires
Power of We Workforce Diversity Conference Offers Perspectives to Strengthen Your Business
Free, Virtual Event Features Thought Leaders From Across the State
The fourth annual BlueCross Power of We Workforce Diversity Conference will be held from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. ET on Oct. 4 and 5.
BlueCross provides this free, virtual program with thought-leaders from across the state to discuss workforce diversity topics that can help you build a more successful business. This year’s virtual conference is an opportunity to discuss critical issues with dynamic speakers and impactful interactions with peers.
Spots fill quickly, so secure your place by registering now.
Keynote speakers include:
- Raven Solomon, global diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) thought leader and author of the book, Leading Your Parents: 25 Rules to Effective Multigenerational Leadership and Gen Z.
- Derek Young, DEI strategist and author of more than 80 Culture Strategy Leadership programs and author of the book, Make My Hindsight your 20/20. Young’s professional career includes executive leadership development and diversity and community affairs roles at Dollar General and Cracker Barrel Old Country Store.
Additional speakers include representatives from a variety of leading Tennessee companies, including: Pilot Travel Centers, Ernst & Young, Fedex, Shelby County Schools and BlueCross, including BlueCross CEO JD Hickey, M.D.
Presentations and panels will cover:
- Generations + Racial Equity
- CEO Perspectives featuring JD Hickey, M.D.
- Building a Stronger IT Pipeline
- Disability Diversity in the Workplace
- Supporting Female Leaders
- Creating Champions for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The values of diversity and inclusion are central to how BlueCross serves members and how it recruits and retains top talent. BlueCross started the conference as an opportunity to gather, discuss best practices, engage in collaborative conversations, and find ways to strengthen its commitment to promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
The Power of We conference is open to leaders in your organization striving to create a stronger and more inclusive culture of engaged employees.
Register today to join The Power of We!
More BlueCross and Diversity
Should the Tennessee Valley Authority bury coal ash from the retired Allen Fossil Plant in Shelby County?
- 4.9% — Yes
- 32.1% — No
- 21.0% — Yes, if it's done safely
- 42.0% — I need more information
With more people coming down with breakthrough COVID-19 cases, are you more worried about contracting the virus even if you are vaccinated?
- 15.8% — Yes -- I am much more worried
- 61.0% — Yes -- but no more so than normal
- 23.2% — No -- I am not worried at all
University of Memphis M. David Rudd recently floated the idea of building an on-campus football stadium. What do you think?
- 8.5% — It's necessary
- 45.1% —Worth considering
- 46.3% — Not necessary